View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Who played this hand worst?

Hi Dicey,

[ QUOTE ]
And who played it best?

[/ QUOTE ] Hero: Preflop raise is natural. Not capping pf is fine, with four players after you. Although suited, I would naturally cap, not for any technical reasons other than it's pretty to look at. Your hand is done by the flop. Bad call. Yes, I know, you have 6 outs to improve. Who said your ace outs were any good?

CO: Regarding his pf reraise, it would depend on how he views your raise and if he will be able to isolate. If his reasons were to isolate you, it was a bad move also. If he were to your immediate left, it would have made more sense. I see him as a lag more than a skilled player. His flop bet made no sense whatsoever. Good turn bet after the stupid flop bet, didn't work either though.

Button: Bad call preflop. Great raise on the flop. Even better raise on the turn to represent the 9. But not following up with a river bet is catastrophic. That's the only chance he'd win.

Who played it worst? It was a close running between the three of you, but the button has my vote. Super bad call pf, redeemed himself with the flop raise, took initiative with the turn raise, f'd it up without the river bet. If he weren't going to bet the river, he shouldn't have raised the turn. Clear example of having position and not knowing what to do with it.