View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: .5/1 \"high stakes\" hand

Any reads on the players in the hand?

PreFlop: I'm not a big fan of re-raising with KQs, but I do like doing it from the button, that way you can (maybe) take a free card on the flop if you need it. Also, it can help you gauge if the original raiser how strong the original raisers hand is (most Micro players will re-raise AA or KK, so his call helps us rule this out).

Flop: You're on Auto-Pilot here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Turn: You have to call here. Without a solid read on BB or UTG+1 I don't think you can raise, but you do have to call - the pot is gigantic and there is a very good chance that UTG+1 has AK or AQ and BB has Ax.

Our only major concern here (besides drawing dead to a boat) is that we are sandwiched between UTG+1 and the BB...if a raise war breaks out between them then we may wind up putting in a lot of bets when we are near dead. If BB re-raises and UTG+1 caps we have a really, really tough decision to make, but again the pot will be huge. Couple that with the fact that we are not drawing totally dead (but we do not have odds to draw to the RF obviously) I think I even call a cap.