View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: What happens if the Canadian dollar passes the US dollar again

[ QUOTE ]
The Canadian $ keeps gaining ground on the US $ and this just sucks.

I used to get a conversion rate of about 30% now it's down to 15% in about a 18 month time frame.

I wonder if the Canadian dollar will ever pass the US dollar again as it did in the past, and if it does how will it effect the Canadin Poker players

For example if the value of the Candian and US dollar were switched around right now and I put $500 into a site to play
I would lose $75 right of the top. So now I have $425 in there to play with. Let's say I play for a few hours and make a hundred bucks, now it's time to withdrawl.

I'm not going to get the same exhange rate I did when I deposited the money so I am probably going to lose another point or two converting it back.

So take $525.00 and multiply it by .83 and I end up with $435.75

I won a hundred playing poker but ended up losing $64.25 overall because of the exchange rate.

1) Did I do the math right?
2) Will the US dollar ever go back to being lower than the Canadian dollar?

3)Go ahead, I know you can't resist, let the Canadian jokes begin

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

How do you lose money as soon as you deposit?

If you are depositing Canadian Dollars to start with, and $500 goes into the account, then yes, you start with $425 in US dollars if the exchange rate is 85% - you didn't lose anything. If you win $100 US and cash out, you get back your $500 Canadian plus $115 from the $100 you won - for a total of $615 Canadian.

What are you trying to say that I haven't grasped?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]