View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: FILM: Favourite film moment, ever?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blade Runner - Rutgar Hauer and Joe Turkel - the Prodigal Son scene:

"Can the maker repair what it has made?"

"The candle that burns twice as bright burns twice as fast, and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy."

"....I want more life, Fuker."

"...I've done...questionable things."

"Also, extraordinary things."

"Nothing the God of bio-mechanics wouldn't let you into heaven for?"

Phenomenal scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100%. but i think i enjoyed the scene at the end where batty saves deckard

Roy: Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.

[Deckard falls, Roy catches him.]

Roy: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the sholder of Orion. I watched sea beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.

Deckard (voice-over): I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life, anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Gaff: You've done a mans job, sir. I guess your through, huh?

Deckard: Finished.

Gaff: Its too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?

powerful stuff. best movie ever imo *goes to watch blade runner*

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my favorite movie of all time. But I must admit, I prefer the no-voiceover, director's cut of the movie. The voiceover - specifically at the above scene you just quoted, kind of ruins the moment for me - he's stating the obvious. We don't need it.

Anyway...glad to run into another BR fan.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]