View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: turning stone- do they give free rooms?

TurningStone has a poker rate, but it has to be arranged through the Poker Room.

So, when you call to reserve, ask to speak to the Poker room, not room reservations. Room Reservations knows nothing about this rate, and if you ask them about it, they will tell you it doesn't exist (at least this was the case in late July, last time I was there).

If you get there, and haven't gotten the Poker Room Rate, ask the Poker Manager when you get there. Unless you're there on a package, he may be able to lower your rate on the spot. Also (at least last summer), they weren't too scrupulous about checking whether you meet the minimum play requirements to get this rate (however, that's never been a problem for me).

Finally, if you can't get a Poker Rate, check into Turning Stone's packages. Last time I was there, the 'regular' rate was something like $189/night. However, there was a package where you could get a room and breakfast for 2 and $15 match play coupons for $139 (go figure). You may have to ask 2 or 3 times to get one of these packages, because they apparantly show up different places on the reservations computer, but it can save you some money, it may, overall be better than the poker rate in some cases.

However, as I said, if you get a package, they can't reduce your rate if there's a better poker rate when you get there, but hey, you pays your money and you takes your chances.