View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: I don\'t like it.

[ QUOTE ]
TSP and I think alike. I have nothing personal against Tommy (I have never met him), but I don't like the idea that some suckers are paying 5k for lessons with someone who does not play the limits that most good players play on. It feels like a ripoff and there can be much better things you can put that $ towards (bankroll?)

Being a very strong 100-200 and higher player I would still feel very guilty about charging some 22 year old kid 5k for my time, even though I have no doubt that my fixed limit advice would me much better than Tommy's.

The situation reminds it about a kid in my town that charged an old lonely lady $40 to shovel her steps during the winter only because they knew that she was so alianated from the world that she did not know how to find out about someone that would be happy to do it for $10. So unlike most of the 2+2ers I do not see Tommy Angello as some hind of a hero.

Just my opinion,

-E

[/ QUOTE ]

So, this kid buys in for 5k at your table, which you happily take feeling no remorse along the way, but if he wanted to pay you the same 5k for poker lessons, you have a moral dilemma?

If someone doesn't want to do the research before shelling out 5k, that's their call. It's not like it's that bloody hard.