Thread: Uh, OK
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Uh, OK

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed
BB here is tight, and not too great. Never seen him do anything insane/aggressive. I love my turn check, do you? Also, wtf on the river?

Folds to me in MP and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], folds to BB who calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks, i bet, he calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bb checks, i check.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bb checks, i bet, BB raises, i say wtf and ............

[/ QUOTE ]

You say WTF and call, obviously. Problem is, the way he played this, I have no idea what he could have. Your turn check may have convinced him a K was good for a CR. How tight is he? KJ is a possibility if he wanted to slowplay those trips.

I'll admit, I'm pretty confused by this hand. What did you want to accomplish with the turn check. Are you fairly certain he's got the J when he called your flop bet? Did you want him to fire at the pot on the river when you've got the best hand? Whatever you wanted, there's no way you can do anything but call his river raise, 3-betting is just spewing and you hit the card you wanted on the turn.

For some reason I just can't get the worst possible hand (for you) he could have, KJ, out of my head.

PS. I can hardly see straight now and its only 2:20. Nice to meet another 2er tonight.