View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Snack schedule for soccer games(17-18)

I am on a rec. soccer team for the fall. There was a mother that made a snack schedule for the team. She only requested that oranged be broght, other snacks are optional. There are about 5 kids that are best friends and the rest are just...yea.

Anywho there have been a few families that dont want their kid's to participate in SNACKS, WTF.

I am going to send an e-mail from my friends and I to these families. What should I say? I will write any thing but swear words...i just need ideas.
E-mail #1

Thank you for thinking of this, but since I wasn't able to be at the parent meeting,as I don't get home until 5:30, I wasn't able to express our wishes on the snack schedule. Ryan has expressed his wish that he not participate in snacks this year. He finds it an unnecessary thing and we feel that at 17 and 18 years old, the boys should be responsible for bringing their own foods if they want them. I have heard that there are several other boys in this position and several other parents who were upset with the idea of bringing oranges. You may want to ask who would like snacks and then adjust the schedule for those boys who wish to participate, otherwise there may be at least several games without them.

His kid is an idiot and no one likes him. On the other hand my parents are friends with his parents...ugh.

E-mail #2.

I too would like to thank you for undertaking to organize this. However, our family's thoughts on snacks at this age are directly in line with those of the XXXXX's. We've talked this over with Morgan and he has said he will be responsible for his own snack should he want one. Therefore we also choose to opt out of the snack rotation.

Thank you.
Thank you again for your time,

Am i overreacting?