View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: micro SNG hand : very wierd, was I correct or insane?

[ QUOTE ]

The play of DrMarc and Dilloni I understand. They are very short tacked for 20/40 blinds, so they want their money in. What broten is up to is a mystery.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at your hand and I think your play was probably the only reasonable one out of the 4 of you. All I can think is that everyone limped in to you on the first round of bets and took your raise as an attempt to steal the pot with a decent hand. Even after your raise, the next player just called to Broten. Broten may have figured you were trying to steal the pot with nothing, the caller thought his hand was okay but not great, Broten had the big stack and could bully everyone out of the pot with an all-in bet that surely wouldn't be called by a bunch of players showing weakness and probably wouldn't be called by someone trying to steal the pot. It stills baffles me that he did it but this is the only reason I can see him doing it (other than being clueless which is probably more likely).

In this situation next time I'd just go all in on my first bet especially early in a low buyin SNG. My experience is that often you won't get any play but often you'll get callers with complete junk that just want to let it ride on a hope and prayer. Don't second guess this decision just look for tables where broten is playing from now on.