View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: How useful is Pokertracker?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I too am wondering this. I play about 2500 hands a month, by 3 tabling about 15 hours a month - basically only under a bonus. I really don't think I would benefit from PokerTracker...I hardly ever sit with the same people at a table so it would only be useful in analysing my own play. Considering I only play 2500 hands a month any analysis PokerTRacker would give me would be statistically meaningless. I personally only think PT is useful if you are a pro and putting in 10,000 hands a month minimum.

For example...how many times am I going to have A/J suited in EP over those 2500 hands...like maybe 15 times??? Whatever history it has of a certain hand in a certain position will be useless due to the small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

you'd probably be quite surprised how often you do sit with the same people, even if you give it a break for a month or two. Also, self-analysis need not be extensive to be profitable. Say you thought your VPI was low, and you discoverd you were at about 26%. That's not something you're likely to discover on your own.

PT is less valueable if you're playing fewer hands, but at a scant 50 bucks, I think it would clearly pay for itself in your case (unless of course you're playinig micro micro limits, then it may not be worht it).

[/ QUOTE ]

I play .5/1 and I am confident that when I sit down at a table I will be better than average. any site will give you your flops seen % and I'm consistently at 21% and I manually track my BB/100 win rate. These are the 2 stats I care most about. I don't need PT to tell me that playing A/10 off in early is not profitable.