View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Hijack

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that I personally have gotten to that point for the low/middle limit games. But to make the leap to being able to thoroughly beat the higher limit games, where presumably many fewer truly bad players exist, this ability may be what proves to separate low/mid-limit "champs" from their money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post, this is exactly it.

[ QUOTE ]
Since all the literature from reputed sources like Steve Badger & Ray Zee seems to advocate a more reserved, tight approach to the game, I'm wondering if I have overdone the intentional correction to Mendacious's human over-estimated fear-of-your-opponent-having-you-dominated. That is, maybe I just need to fold more, thereby lessening the amount that I search for every miniscule +EV situation, in exchange for avoiding a few huge -EV situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the perfect way to play PLO8 is somewhere between your style and smash's style, the middle ground that is the perfect way to play. However you play short handed so you need to be ultra aggressive in that case, so your style works for that, but still in a full table you have to be somewhat tight, but also steal, that is essentially the goal, I believe I read somewhere the official term for it, but I cant remember it, tight-aggressive isnt quite it, some other term, ill look through my books, ill find the term.