View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Forget the turn, I think it\'s the flop that matters in this hand.

The turn card is so nice that I think you have to push though it's a bit scary doing it into 3 callers, what with people neglecting to raise their big hands on drawy boards in the $22s. But you are often ahead, are getting called by many worse hands, and have anywhere from 6 to as many as 12 outs if you're behind.

Preflop is standard, I would never raise here.

I think the flop is the key, and most difficult, street. Your hand may well be best, but even when it is, it's often not ahead by much. And lots of turn cards can ruin it. Since you are out of position and not really sure where you are, I think you want to keep the pot small or end the hand quickly, so as to avoid difficult decisions later in the hand. What you really don't want I think is to go into the turn with chips left and looking at a big, especially a big multiway, pot. Soooo...I think I like checking...if it somehow gets checked around, the pot will be small on the turn and you can either bet out or check/fold depending on the card. If someone bets the flop, you can fold to a lot of action or check-raise all-in, ensuring you won't have any tough decisions to make later.