View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: You know more, therefore you\'re wrong

This is good:

"Your [search for knowledge] must [have uncovered] many unflattering things regarding those whose side you take but [since] you are very one-sided, ... your method of debate reeks of intellectual dishonesty...."

Did I paraphrase correctly? My allegedly greater knowledge makes me less honest, because you just know, you know! there are facts out there, somewhere, that undercut my argument. My failure to prove the argument you merely presume renders my argument less tenable, and indeed ought to make me "ashamed."

This thread is about state-sponsored suicide bombings by children. As I have repeatedly complained, you and other apologists for Israel constantly seek to equate the Islamic glorification of martyrdom with suicide bombing and the Palestinian objections to a Jewish state as a desire to commit genocide. I'm obviously trying to make the distinction, and all you can do is say the same thing, over and over again. Now, for example, you're trying to turn unspecified "jihadist-type" statements by Arafat into some kind of endorsement of terror or genocide.