View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 12:38 PM

Default PP 11. Bubble hand. AQo in the SB facing big stacked BB.

Seat 4: A (1155)
Seat 5: B (755)
Seat 7: HERO (1850)
Seat 10: BB (4240)
HERO posts small blind (150)
BB posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Ac, Qd ]
A folds.
B folds.
HERO ??

A and B are having giddy little banter back and forth, and folding to aggression. I am fairly certain neither poses a significant threat to my ITM.

If I had to identify one leak in my game to work on, this would be it. “It” is, how to play into the big stack.

I considered my options:
1) Push
2) Limp
3) Stop-N-Go
4) min-raise
5) Other raise
6) Fold

1) If I push here and BB wakes up with a hand I curse myself for ending up OOTM with weak opponents on the short stacks.

2) Limp here I am bleeding chips when the flop misses me, because I am unwilling to invest any more in this hand.

3) This actually wouldn't be a SNG anyway, but if did call/push I might as well push now, before BB has a hand to call me with.

4) Min-raise won’t work because BB can easily call t300 right now so when I miss the flop I go into the tank and end up with a bigger chip bleed than a limp would have made.

5) I could raise to t700-t900 hoping to get a fold. But I am completely in the tank if I get called and flop misses me. Now I am even with the other stacks and need to regroup.

6) Fold AQo on the bubble in the SB? Am I crazy?

What do you do? Is this easy and I just suck?

What I did in white:
<font color="white">Puked. Called. Puked. Flop came Js, Ks, 7d. Puked. Checked. Puked. BB bet $450. Puked. Folded. Puked.</font>