View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: micro SNG hand : very wierd, was I correct or insane?

[ QUOTE ]

In your opinion were Dilloni and DrMarc really short stacked? They had 710 and 650 stacks at only level 2 (20/40) in a tournament where you only start with 1000 chips. That puts them at the bottom of Harrington's Yellow zone with an M of around 12.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, in a SNG like this, almost everyone is short stacked early. I know that when I get to about an M of 10, I start looking for hands to get my money in with. Yeah, they aren't quite there, but they're very close and will be there in a couple hands. Even in a SNG when you're M is 10, you have to find a hand. If you don't take some chances you might limp into the money but you can just as easily bubble out.

I guess I was just trying to give your opponents some credit since the hands they showed were above average. It's entirely possible they were just terrible players. But when I find myself with an M of 10, I don't mind getting my money in with that type of hand. Of course, I wouldn't want to be the guy who got all-in last since I'm assuming my Ace has fewer outs.

I'd definitely say the player with Q7s was just bored and wanted to be done. Or was a terrible player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Thing is in these SNG's you play 90% of the time in that position or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, which makes them such a crap shoot sometimes.

I understand your point, and I can't really defend the other players. Let's just say that if you were up against me, you might see me come at you with AQ or A9s if my stack is that short.

Regards,

T