Thread: 89s
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: 89s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a raise behind me has a good chance of me making an incorrect play (whether that play is folding/calling/raising).

[/ QUOTE ]
what incorrect play are you worried about making? isn't your turn decision based on pot odds?

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding when I should've called; calling when I should've folded; calling when I should've raised.

If I get 3-bet after c/ring the turn I'm going to have correct odds to call to my trip/2-pair outs - but I've now put in 3BBs with the worst hand. One that might only have 3 outs (against a flush draw if player2 calls as well) in which case I'm making an incorrect call based purely on pot odds.

I guess when it came down to it I was so undecided about where I stood that check/calling seemed like the best option. I doubt a c/r was going to fold either player. The worst case would be missing value if they were drawing. OTOH - if I'm behind I'm drawing pretty thin (if not dead) but, with the chance that I've still got the best hand, I thought it was a situation where I could see the river for 1BB and then reevaluate.