View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Math Unites Atheists and Believers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A really big atheist might say that there is a 1/1000 chance of there being a god, but this is 0.001. I believe that no atheist no matter how hardcore they say they don't believe in god can give a number of 0. 1/100000000 is not 0 unless you simplify and say that it is approximately zero, but this is not the true number.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't understand an Atheist do you. My number would be exactly zero - there is absolutely no chance of a god in my opinion. Zero, nada, zilch!!!! If the number was even .00000000001 I think that would be an Agnostic because there still is a very small amount of doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say there is no chance of a god, are you saying no chance of a day-to-dat traditional god, or no chance that the universe was somehow influenced by some higher being? Because if its the latter, then you can't say exactly 0% because you have absolutely no data beyond the universe.

And your comment "you really don't understand an atheist" seems to suggest that, like your opposing theist, you willingly choose to make categorical conclusions without objective evidence.