View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Tips for learning to love the fish?>

Hi all,

Long time lurker here finally decided it's about time I started posting. A quick thanks to you all for the excellent advice and experience(s) you have shared.

Back to my question - I have been playing around 15 months, mainly online in £20 and £30 STT and MTT tourneys (im in the UK)

I have had very good results but there is one thing I do have an issue with - I find it EXTREMELY hard not to get really mad when the fish are outdrawing me yet again just because "it was suited" etc. I would point out that i DO NOT berate the fish, laugh at them or even say a word the majority of the time. All my emotion is kept my side of the screen. I know they ultimately are why I am winning but I really could use some calming techniques.

How do others cope with this - it really pushes my stress levels through the roof for a few minutes even though that one beat barely scratches my bankroll overall. I really think I over react.

Any tips from more experienced players? My wife would be so much happier if my ranting stopped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Weirdly the times I have played in B+M, I am calm as anything, only one time do I think I dropped an F Bomb [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance

BingoChimp