View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 04:04 AM

Default AQo BB 4-way, screwplay?

Reads:
Button is a maniac, don't remember exact stats but something like 50/26/2.5, overaggro postflop and PF.
CO is 55/19/2.2 over 100 hands, aggro PF and postflop just like stats indicate, probably not as much as Button though.
BB is a loose-passive fish, 62/1.5/.7 over 200, passive all around.

Is this a good spot for a turn c/r after having the last aggression the flop, or what I believe is now called the screwplay? I thought by checking the turn, I could represent a draw that was jamming the flop, and the aggro CO would easily bet any made hand here, while only calling AJ and worse. I can trap both him and SB (who likely has a draw or worse A) for two bets insetad of one. I just run the risk of letting something like J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] getting a free turn card. Also, thoughts on PF and flop? PF, I'm ahead of a good % of button's range, but this is one of those spots where I thought "calling to see if original raiser caps" was a good play, and capping definitely is unlikely to fold KJo/KTo type hands from CO. Just cap it here, or call like I did? On the flop, decided to try for bet-3bet since button and CO will easily raise AJ-A8 here, go for c/r instead? Not sure it matters too much either way. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks...