View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: War and relegion

[ QUOTE ]
In your oppinion when was the last time america did anything wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you are doing the name calling. btw im not some super conservitive america lover.

but im also not a retarded hippy who only belives what he wants to belive.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's cool that you seem to have found a middle ground between utlra conservatism and hippie retardism. But my conjecture was that you are under the belief that America is always right, and I would like you to disprove me so we can continue the conversation. And don't say vietnam, unless you wish to go on a tangent about how we actually won the war in nam.

Ah lets go there anyway it sounds fun.

America doesn't really care so much about the vietnamese people. The war in vietnam, was really a war to contain atheist communism. This containment was the actual war and not the battle of whether or not vietnam fell to conmunism. The war in vietnam had contries scared to revolt to communism for fear of USA interference. If these contries would have gone communist they likely would have helped the USSR with trade relations and strengh in numbers. There are currently only 5 contries left under communist rule. So not only was the vietnam war a success in containment, it stemed the tide of a political movement that was sweeping europe and eventually most of the globe, and was victorious in not only containing but also to start to start the attrition of communist state. Is it possible to lose the battle of vietnam, yet win the war on containment. I think it is, and as far as I know no one else has agreed with me.