View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: How do I stop busting out early?

[ QUOTE ]
I have been going on a terrible run at MTTs - and I am playing in one tonight.

I used to be a lock to make it through to the 2nd half - and had a pretty good run of final tables - but for the last 8 or 9 times, I have busted out fairly early. And the thing is that there is not one cause of my busting out that I can point to. Each time it has been something different.

So what advice can you give me to stop myself from getting into early confrontations when I do not have the best of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you lost doesn't mean your decisions were bad (and visa-versa). We'd have to see the actual hands to give you a more thourough analysis.

Tournies are very high variance, and busting early in a string of 9 or so doesn't necessarily mean anything. The thing to do is to look at each bust out and figure out whether your decisions were reasonable or not. If they were, then that's just the nature of the game. If not, where was your mistake? Figure that out and continue on as a slightly stronger player.

If you have some specific situations, post them. Then we can tear you to shreads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Oz-