View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: $22: 75/150 Blinds, MP Pushes, Fold AK?!

Well....since EYE have just purchased "the tool" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...

I can tell you that assuming a "tight" range for his push, this is -EV. Against an "average" range, it swings the other way. Not real surprising I guess. We'd have to consider the reasons for his push from this position.

The BB is basically all-in here. By maximizing his FE here PF, he could simply have an "average" hand, looking to add an easy couple hundred chips to his stack vs. BB's random holdings. The over-push is also quite possibly gaurding a vulnerable hand (say a small-med.PP, AJs or something), that shortie Button or yourself might be more inclined to push over, had he opened for a standard raise. He's obviously looking to isolate.

Hmmm. I guess that's the challenge of solving these puzzles - "the range". Absent a read - having a history of opening with suspect hands, over-aggression, etc....I'd like to give him credit for a decent pocket pair here. BUT, seeing we are down to 8-9BB's ourselves, with the possiblity of this reaching 4-5BB's after a swipe through an increased blind....ON TOP of the fact that we're still 7-handed, thus significantly reducing the hands YOU can be pushing - I gamble here.