View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 3 way 5-5PL hand OOP

Not sure I like the idea of a checkraise on the flop, what is the plan if he calls and the turn blanks? Convince me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My turn bet was basically a blocking bet. I had enough redraws that I want to get to the river and then reevaluate. I felt I might have faced a full pot bet if I checked, instead I got away with half pot. If I did check then faced a full pot on the turn what's my action? Fold presumably?

I initially liked the river, and basically the $100 was a value bet. I figured I'd only get raised by a better house, so my action was to fold to for $200 more.

Sadly I was mistaken, and if I'd had some reads on these donkeys then I probably would have called.

CO called off the rest of his chips and I saw the showdown:

Final board was 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP shows A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO shows K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP takes down the low with garbage and the CO takes down the high with his horribly played flopped straight.