View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Received large online \"GIFT\". What game is most profitable to play

What is your goal? Do you want to just build the bankroll however you can? Are you looking for 'action'? Are you primarily interested in building via play as opposed to bonuses? Are you looking to improve your game? Also, how much time do you have available for this? Are you in a hurry to double up or will you be happy to add $500 a month?

If you're looking for bonuses, Hollywood has one of the largest bonuses going right now. It's not easy to clear, but if you can play at least break even at $3/$6 you should be able to do it playing a couple hours a night. The new rake structure kind of sucks for $2/$4 and $3/$6. It's okay at the higher limits.

The Cryptos collectively are worth close to $400 a month in bonus. Play tends to be fairly tight, but the games are beatable if you're patient.

Absolute is the land of the effectively bottomless bonus, but there's a reason they have to continually offer bonuses to attract players. I hated it there. YMMV.

Party, of course, is widely known for soft play. The bonuses aren't the best, but they're easy to clear.

Pacific has a pretty terrible bonus, but the play is probably the worst on the internet. Of course, so is their software. And only one table at a time.

If you're looking to hone your skill, Pokerstars is a great place to play. If you're looking for easy pickings, I wouldn't recommend it. It's far and away the toughest place I've played.

For tournaments, I'd suggest Pokerstars and maybe Poker Room or one of the skins.