View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Learning to Play Poker

[ QUOTE ]
Documented are the travails of a true beginner, yet it's being done by a person who has been a scientist, and an inventor of a number of major mathematical conceptions. To say I'm thinking outside the box is something of an understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of which, has anyone published a book that (probably a stupid question, but I haven't come across one...books on everything I think of nowadays) that is setup like Dan Harrington's books, insofar as each problem shows you your position, size of your stack...cards dealt pre-flop...situation awareness (tight passive game..player to your right, though, is a wild man, etc) and approaches each move from a game theory decision tree perspective (integrals and all)?

I wish there were a program out there that would allow me to enter in a setup and look at each decision...call...raise..re-raise...fold...from an EV/mathematical game theory perspective...

Working with numbers all day makes me kind of lazy for this endeavor [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I love Dan's books for the problems....but have an affinity for numbers, like you, so would love to see something like this....seen anything like this, sir?