View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: \"never try to bluff a calling station\"

If you induce as many bluffs as I do, you need to be prepared to make some weak looking calls.

I'm sorry, but until you've been at the table with me, or if there's ever a chance to see me in a poker telecast where they they show every hand, you really have no clue what you're talking about. I do a lot more calling than many of the top players. And I do a LOT less bluffing than most people think. When I make those calls with marginal hands, it is exactly the kind of hand they show on TV. Either I'm making a great call, or a horrible call, and there's very little in-between. As such, it is something that plays well on TV.

The funny thing is, when it comes to top players who have actually been at the table with me for significant periods of time, none of them seem to have anything particularly negative to say about my game. When it comes to those who have no significant experience playing with me, some of them (maybe many of them) seem to think I'm a very weak player. In a sense, I feel a certain kinship with Gus Hansen. Not saying I play like him at all, just that those who only know him from TV often consider him a luckbox with little talent, while those who sit at the table with him consider him an extremely tough and capable opponent, albeit a semi-maniacal one.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)