View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Multi-Tabling vs. Improving Your Game

[ QUOTE ]
i play 6 tables, and drop down to 4 to improve my game. It all depends on how many tables you actually multitable. When you drop 1-2 tables from this you find you have a LOT more time to make decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this really seems to be the key to multi-tabling - having the pre-acquired knowledge to navigate many, many different situations. I don't think you need to really drop tables to get this knowledge. You can get it reading books or discussing on 2+2. Granted you may play 1-2 tables less than normal to work on the time that it takes to make these decisions but - that's more improving your multi-tabling game rather than improving your poker game.

I think that poker is like any other activity. Sure, you can learn and improve while participating but, the best players do their learning away from the game and then put their hours of practice into action at gametime.

Dropping tables might improve your clicking skills or even decrease the time it takes your eyes to read the HUD and make your decision. But in terms of learning the what's and why's of the game - do it away from the table.