View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7

I don't know if he can find a charity that he can confidently put $7.5 million and say it'll go to good use so I would have to say no, he probably would not donate it all.

As for bankroll, he doesn't need to keep money to sustain playing. He's stinking rich from side games, not tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]

Somthing about his arrogance drives me insane. He makes sure everyone knows that he donates his winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

...Why does a guy have to get insulted for giving money to charity? Please explain why that is arrogant. I listened to his radio for the Hurricane Katrina tournament. The host of the radio show suggested to ask the final table winners to donate some of their winnings to the Relief. Barry said that it's not fair to put pressure on them to give their winnings to charity when they could be needing the money for something more important in their lives.

He also followed up by saying that he's giving money to charity because he's finally made enough money that he has everything in his life and his family taken care of. He's fully aware that he's not a generous saint, he just has the money to give away.

In other words, tournament winnings are only a little more than pocket change for him. But it's still a good act of favor that he gives it to charity.

By the way, what should he do with the winnings then? Should he keep it to himself? Huh?