View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 2nd nut high, need a plan

Buzz, you're a star. Thanks a lot. In the actual hand I bet, UTG raised, and all folded to me. I called, planning to raise the turn. The turn paired the ace, I check/called. The river bricked, and I bet/called (debatable. UTG checks behind sometimes, will raise some worse hands and never fold, and I wanted another bet in vs. his range). UTG showed AKxx for trips and I scooped.

It seems pretty clear that my flop play, trying to protect my hand from two-pair and cut down full house odds, saved the pot. Checkraising for value seemed infinitely riskier, especially since the board can pair and I will have no idea where I am in a large pot. As for preflop, I was in the mood for a marginal hand and kill-completing 23 w/ a suited T in a likely 7-way pot cannot be terrible.

Sy is me. It had another meaning too, but it's pretty irrelevant now.

Ironman: The UB games that run are usually soft. There's always a 2/4 going, sometimes w/ a kill, and at peak hours there is usually one larger game. This ranges from 3/6 to 10/20, and is not necessarily a soft game, though it often is - you have to investigate first.