View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 AM

Default call this an Angle Shoot? Long.

I was playing in a home game that was a bit of a card room set up. Dealer was not playing and was raking the game. I'm not even sure how much the rake was, but it was a pretty juicy game (I made 197 big blinds--although I was running pretty well) when this situation came up.

Nine handed, 1/2 NL. (We might have been down to 8 handed at that point).

Player A at the opposite end of the table from me, seemed to be steaming a bit, although I didn't see anything obvious to put him on tilt. So he starts jawing with the guy next to him on his right (in a good natured way though) about going all-in blind. The guy to his right says he's up for it and they talk about it. When it gets to righty though, he folds. Player A says hey, I thought we were going all-in and righty says that player A needs to commit to it before the action gets to him.

Player A then says, All-in! (For $179). I mutter to the guy on my right (Player PO) who I've been friendly with (and beating up on) all night, "man, I'd call with just about anything decent."

PO asks a couple of times you haven't looked at your cards? Player A never answers but the guys to both his left and right say that he hasn't. PO calls and turns over A-4 off. Player A turns over A-K and wins the pot.

PO immediately starts steaming and keeps telling me that player A looked at his cards before going all in, that he saw him do it. I was pretty skeptical because I didn't see him do that, both of the other guys said he hadn't, and whatthe hell was PO doing if he saw player A do that.

PO pays off the hand mostly in cash out of his pocket so he still has his chips in front of him and immediately starts jawing at player A to go all in blind again. Player A says he will but when the action gets to him he just limps. "What's going on?" asks PO. "I've got to see the rest of the action, its got to be just the two of us," says A.

Everyboy folds to PO on the button, who agrees, its gotta be just the two of us. So I fold the SB and the BB folds too, both of us out of turn so those guys can go heads up all-in blind.

PO then says all in, counts out his chips and flips over 3-9 suited. A picks up his cards, laughs, and says, I've got the ace, and turns his cards face up in front of him. A-rag off.

PO is now really unhappy, the dealer burns one and flips three, and one of the three is a nine. PO starts to celebrate as the table erupts.

At that point player A says: "I never called!"

Dealer deals the rest of the cards as the two argue about it and the nines hold up.

Player A continued to maintain he never called. He never paid up and the game broke up to much acrimony.

Thoughts?

--Zetack