View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 AM

Default What to do when an affiliate goes rogue?

This question is still hypothetical, but could possibly be relevant to me in the near future.

Basically, what I would like to know is what steps can be taken against a rogue affiliate to ensure that more people do not sign up through the affiliate (let's assume their site is still up and functional). What are the proper places to post information about the affiliate?

My main concern, as I stated, is to make sure more people do not fall into the affiliate's trap - thus it is important to me to make sure people who may come across the site are likely to see a warning first.

Secondarily, do I personally have any recourse in a situation where an affiliate has gone rogue? I am not looking for things as drastic as, 'take legal action,' I just want to know what my options are.

And please, save your admonishments of do your research etc. You're just wasting everyone's time. The affiliate in question was on RRR (they are not anymore - it was removed a few days after I signed up). The bottom line is that some people are always going to get ripped off, and if it's me this time, I don't really care too much - like I said, my top priority is making sure other people are not affected.