View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: The Perfect Hand Against the Perfect Opponent

When I read that post I understood it as a reminder to keep your eyes on the everchanging conditions at the table-hence dynamics.

It is to me not a guide to a spesific approach given a specific situation, but rather that what was correct two hands ago is perhaps not so, now.
FI: Bigstack bullying or taking a few liberties against smallstack, gets looked up a few times or looses some coinflipps against smallstacks , looses some of his stack and doesnt feel as comfortable anymore. You are just dying to get a piece of this bully-he raises his usual bullyamount, U with a comfortable stack look down and see TT, normally U would call, even fold(dependent on player read, and again the fold was maybe correct a while ago, but not now!)) to a raise up front or reraise to feel the waters, but not risk your entire stack at this point, but now u feel "Finally I am gonna get some of your chips or let u know I am not to be bullied" and push, he flipps over AA BOOM!!He has thightened up and decided to conserve his stack. 3 hands ago this would be a move he could do with 72os. Now your dead.
It is also a point to take in on oneself, gearchanging so that the opposition is not waiting around for the perfect hand to play u with! IMO