View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Tilt. Stopping Early.

I've just finished my first 8K hands at 2/4 and at the begining, I was playing extremely well. I was up 1100 in my first 7500 hands, but I have been on a 50 BB down swing in my last 500 hands. Now I know downswings happen, and in terms of downswings this isn't bad.

However, the money I have lost has been just me playing terrible. It started when I lost a 160 Dollar pot on the river. When I get down, I try to do so much. I bluff like it's my job and raise the turn to scare 80 VPIP players when they clearly made a hand. I have no problem losing money if I'm playing my best, it's when I know I'm losing because of poor play that frustrates me.

I read an article in the internet magazine a while ago, and know from common sense, that as a winning player you are losing money every time you stop playing. However, if I play poorly when I'm down, it is possible that under these circumstances my winrate is negative. Would it then be logical to stop playing every time I'm down a certain amount of money? Does anyone else institute such a system? How many BB's do you lose before you quit?

I start to notice my play flounder after about 19BB's on 4 tables. Thats when raising A6o in MP1 and raising turn airs start happening.