View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 12:19 AM

Default 2nd nut high, need a plan

UB 4/8 half-killed to 6/12. Game is generally quite loose and a somewhat wild in kill pots.

I am in the SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Kill poster is on the button. 4 limpers to the kill who checks, I complete $4 more, BB folds. 6 to the flop for ~7SBs.

Flop comes: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], giving me the second nut flush and a backdoor nut low draw. UTG, to my left, limps nearly every hand and is fairly crazy postflop. If I check, he will bet many weak hands (i.e AT, any two pair). If I bet, he might raise a similar range. His play has loosened up the table postflop - many players have been raising light to isolate postflop. If UTG doesn't bet, it will probably be checked through by AA/JJ/QQ, two-pair, etc. - any other bet will be the nuts with high frequency.

How should I feel about my hand (think: is it trash, should I protect, or should I try to maximize bets?). What is my best plan?