View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Should i continue with online poker career or return to 9-5 job?

[ QUOTE ]
well thanks for the "inspiring" post dog.

I ask greg an honest question, which directly relates to the original thread content, and you use it to let me know how greg was a hi limit player, a respected poster and an attorney, and i'm none of these things.

Thats fine if thats your opinion, but it has nothing to do with the matter at hand. My question related to how it affected his personal life prior to the big results.

And in same measure, if greg was such a successful hi limit player, according to you logic of poker taking care of itself if your good, why would he have to solicite

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul, I'll call a truce between us. I am not trying to be an insensitive jerk here, but my response that you are not playing the limits Greg played and don't have his respect on 2+2 are true - by your admission, it's my opinion. You are correct. If everybody else thinks you are great, well that's terrific.

However, greg had an agreement with his wife about his poker playing and financing it, he had very good results with-in the games he was playing, and that's what got people interested in backing him. I dare say you might not have as much success getting backers........

Now, back to your original question of whether you should keep playing poker or get a job - well, I guess you didn't like my answer there either. I didn't realize you wanted to be "inspired," I though you wanted an honest opinion, and I can only give an opinion based on your previous posts. So be it, sorry if I insulted you, I'm sure you are a great individual and also a very tallented player. I'll keep my opinions about you and your situation to myself from now on. Have a nice life.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]