View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: why does sklansky spend so much time on the philos section?and oth

[ QUOTE ]
i guess that's fine. but also pointless. why should they? it's all meaningless and there is no legitimate reason to so strongly advocate evolution and condemn id. why not attempt to further scientific deception instead? this would be no more of an irrational objective than promoting the 'truth' as they understand it. it seems pathetic to me to so religiously value evolution and materialistic theory if there really is no God. why value truth? why not be a krishna instead? it is all so vain and empty. thank God there really is a God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your main problem is that you are unable to conceive of people ascribing meaning to their life in the absence of god. In fact, you seem incapable of even imagining how it is someone could make even the most basic of decisions without an underlying belief in god. I don't need a belief in god to love my family, derive enjoyment from things in my daily life, or decide that I should indeed eat at periodic times in order to not die from hunger.

Did god come into play for you today when you decided what to eat for breakfast or what clothes to wear?

I do indeed try to encourage my worldview, just as religious people do. I think that science is man's greatest achievement, therefore I strongly promote it's proper teaching to our young.