View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: river card is dealt before last player gets to act: ruling?

Since I hapened to be at the table and in the hand let me add a few things..

First, it was Q94, I remember this vividly because 94 ended up winning but my AQ would have won if the pairing of the 3s on the board stood up.

The point that caused some confusion was that the guy last to act, after pointing out that he was skipped, decided to remove himself from the confusion of the hand and just fold. This caused some at the table to feel that in effect the action was unaffected by the premature burn and turn so the card should stand. IE, the big reason to redeal here would be if someone got a free look at the river, but since the two people still in the hand did not, then it doesn't matter.

Anyway, even though I got screwed here and would have won the pot if the original river stayed, I agree with the floor ruling. The rules need to be applied consistently, and I think any time a card is turned before all players have acted it must get shuffled back in. I wouldn't have given it another thought except the guy next to me (not you mike - on my other side) kept telling me I got screwed.