View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Quick pf question

[ QUOTE ]
If you just call preflop, well then you can ch/r flop and that isn't to bad, but now you have them drawing to at least 3 outs in a big pot. You like them to fold to your flop bet more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I temporarily imagined you were SB or something...

[ QUOTE ]
spam will not put me on a hand as strong as JJ with my smoothcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you win anything by that? When you bet on the flop you want him to respect your hand and fold. It would be best if he thought you had AA in the pocket?

[ QUOTE ]
-spam will bet any flop and i can raise him to force out the lag protecting my hand. if i cap preflop then i cannot protect my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good reason to call preflop. But I'd say it's not enough. I'd say you rather want to get more money in preflop as a favorite and hope they fold on the flop anyway. I don't see unpaired Ax, Kx, Qx calling the flop anyway after you cap+bet. Hands that have paired suck though.

But you don't get all that much by not capping. You only face BU with two cold. When SB has a smaller pair he is in a simular situation as if you had capped preflop and bet flop.

[ QUOTE ]
-the lag is giving me alot of respect and by capping i think it will scare him out of playing weaker hands postflop, but again he will not fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Above you said you want to call preflop in order to be able to protect your hand post flop. If he has no outs to your JJ then you want him to be calling, but he won't call that no matter how you play the hand.

EDIT: Clarification of above. The only reason I can see for not capping is that you want to protect your hand on the flop the times BU makes a pair lower than jacks. I don't think that is enough though.