View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: a 150 hand i forgot about

[ QUOTE ]
James,

Lines like this work very well for me. That is because I often play tighter and a little nittier than most of my opponents, and they all know that. If your opponent is suspicious of you in the least, this is chip-spewing. So, you tell me. Was it a good line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Diablo - I believed my image at the time was of the tight and nitty variety. This was my first night in town in several months and I hadn't made much noise at all. I would have seen me as a young kid, probably playing above his head since I am sure that Paul did not recognize me. That's my point, I think that good players so rarely bluff raise or reraise(because few situations warrant it in limit hold 'em) that I think you need to be capable of both to be as successful as you can be against the best players. BK has told me that I get out of line on the turn all the time - which isn't true - but the few times that I have have been so memorable that thinking players like him feel the need to pay me off with suboptimal hands in the future in case I am running them over.
-James