View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Value of multi-tabling ? (LONG)

I think the people who are good at multitabling just think really quickly. I play 4 tables, and I rarely miss something important. If I miss a hand as it's played out, I'll check the instant HH and I can still get my read. All 4 tables fit on one screen, so I have no problem deciding what to look at; when I played 6-8 I found I missed too much by shifting from monitor to monitor. Most of my decisions are made in well under 5 seconds, so I pretty much never time out (except at Crypto where there is no warning beep). I don't really play standard 2+2 ABC and I never practiced table selection to begin with.

Poker is boring to me though; I'll freely admit it. I play because I like money and sometimes I enjoy the thinking aspect. Grinding away 4 hours each day isn't something I can do; I tried during the summer and ended up averaging about 25-30k hands per month. That's playing full-time. I enjoy poker a lot more when I play short sessions of under 2 hours, and when I don't play more than a few times a week.

[ QUOTE ]
good posts. I am curious to know what the average PTBB/100(rough figure) for multitablers is. I dont play much and whenever I do play, I play 2 tables only of NL2k on party. I believe its less stressful and the variance is also less. But then again I have been playing poker for only 6 months now. I have logged 20k hands since the party 2k tables started.

[/ QUOTE ]

If my multitabling winrate is lower than my single table winrate, it's a very small difference. I really don't feel like I miss a lot when I run 4 tables.