View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Requirements

Dandy, I would say that my views are a combination of yours and Jeffages. When just starting out, I usually waited for about 300 BB's to move up, or feel confident I could beat a current level. You should however note that this could cost you money if you could be beating a more profitable game.

Also, taking shots at lower limits isn't as big of a deal as higher limts. Losing a buy in at 2/4 is $100 compared to $500 at a 10/20.

I think it all comes down to the fact that bankroll is a personal thing. Do what you're comfortable with, and makes sense to you.

Andy does it differently than a lot of us online players. For us, keeping a bankroll is rather easy. However, if we had a wad of cash laying around, like a live player might do, it would be a lot easier to spend it on other things. Andy has the benefit of knowing he is a great, solid player. For people like me, I like to see some quantiative results that I am beating a particular limit. Particularly when I started out. Now, I have enough experience to evaluate a particular table, and determine if I can expect to win.