View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Starting hands in No Limit compared to Limit

[ QUOTE ]

Contrary to the quote above, hands that can make top pair, top kicker actually are much less valuable in NL than in limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to disagree here. I think many people (not neccessarily you) misunderstand where the big card make all their money. People seem to think that they are entitled to win just because they have AK. You often see people spewing chips when they miss the flop in an attempt to win the pot that they feel is theres. Hands like AK, AQ, KQ win most of their money the same way sets win most of their money, when they dominate a player who thinks they have the best hand. For example the other day I busted someone who had KQ with my AK when the flop came KKx.

I would say that the top 3 of the big hands are more valuable in NL, since you can often take someones entire stack. The next ones like AJ, KJ, QJ can be more difficult to play but I'm not sure how much value they would lose in the hands of a good player.

I think that big cards are the hardest cards to play in hold em, and NL punishes the bad players much more than Limit does. I think this leads to the 'danger' of playing these hands in NL.