View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: a 150 hand i forgot about

[ QUOTE ]
i think the thing is to recognize he's been messing with your blinds too much. then think about what his weakneses are. not just can he lay hands down, but what sort of hands does he overvalue, what sort of plays does he like to make and hate to have made against him, any tells, etc?

then wait for just the right hand and decide right then that you are going to do everything you can to win a certain pot. 3 bet preflop and then forget about what you have in the hole and use the flop to determine what youre going to represent. pick two hands. for instance if it comes JhTh6c you can try to act like both AK and nut heart draw. do whatever you can to represent that hand in his mind.

ok ive blathered enough. it probably wont work ever if he's got top pair. really good players sometimes start a bluff and then give up just in time to save a bet or three.

[/ QUOTE ]

You describe what I was doing on the flop - except that I didn't 3 bet preflop. I am representing any myriad of 2 pairs, sets, staights and other wonderful hands that he isn't going to love showing down 1 pair against. I am saying that this jack has either changed nothing or improved my hand. And just in case he forgets to fold, I still have a lot of ways to get there. It gets to a point where a guy is stealing from you often enough that you can't just keep folding preflop or calling preflop and folding the flop. Sometimes the cards don't fully cooperate quickly enough for you to tell him to keep his dirty hands away from your [censored] blinds, and you need to slow him down in spite of them.

It's funny, because I am really uncomfortable making plays like this at pots. The good thing is, I am not forced to make them very often.
-James