View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Aviation Club de France

I am also a non French speaking ugly american. I went to the Aviation Club in June and was turned away at the door for not wearing appropriate shoes. When i asked which shoes were appropriate I was told "classic black".

Feeling alittle dissapointed I wandered the Champs Elysses looking at shoes. What was I thinking? Thats a great place to go shoe shopping if you want to buy an outrageously priced pair. I wanted the cheapest passable pair of shoes. The cheapest pair I found was 60 Euros and I caved in and bought them. So the next day I show up at the Club, whats the problem this time? I am too early. The games don't start until the afternoon.

So I finally get in a game a few hours later and it was worth the hassle. The players were absolutely awful. I ended up sitting in a great pot limit dealers choice with a few games in the mix that I had never heard of. Oh well i learned as I played. Even with that disadvantage I was able to recoup the cost of my shoes and had one 2 Euro chip left over as a souvenier (they don't use 1 Euro chips, ever).

As far as the staff was concerned I was treated very well and enjoyed their classy facilities.