View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: People who have played football....

[ QUOTE ]
It depends what aspect of the game you mean - the mechanics of say pass blocking or the overall strategy of the defense or offense. Just because someone understands the mechanics of play, doesn't mean he understands the big picture.(Reference: Baseball, Joe Morgan).

BTW, I said a fumble shouldn't be a turnover. Explain why someone would disagree based on his having played football.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you first suggested this, I figured it was just one of those dumb ideas that we all have from time to time. However, your insistance on continuing to argue about this demonstrats that either you have no sense of entertainment, or that you have no apreciation for football, ot that you really have no ability to think. You should conceed that this idea is dumb based on this and this .

If that doesn't convince you, you should consider that fumbles make football more exciting to watch (since anytime someone carried the ball, there might be a turnover). Also, the rule is fair because when a team fumbles, they have only themselves to blame.
The possibility of a fumble also gives an underdog a chance to win, which in turn makes the game more exciting.

By the way.

[ QUOTE ]
I feel retarded just replying to your suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]