View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Results and My thinking

Okay so the consensus seems to be 8bet, 10bet or to the felt.

I know I have the 2nd nuts behind only A's but villian doesn't know quad K's aren't possible. Thus he already knows he doesn't have the nuts but is willing to go to war without them. I was thinking about Shillix's post during the hand saying something like 6 bets vs a good player when against only a case hand and 12 or more against a moran in this situation.

I felt villian was closer to a moran than a thinking player so I felt somewhere between 6-12 would be a safe number of bets here, and decided on the middle, 9 bets. After I 8bet and he 9bet, I noticed he only had about $10 left, I wanted to go to the felt but wussed out and gave villian credit for thinking too much, as I just called the 9 bet, and the results were:

Final Pot: 33 BB

Villian shows A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 pair A&K.
Hero shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], full house K's full of A's.

Anyway if it wouldn't have been for 2+2 discussing a related situation I may not have even gone to 9 bets here, as in the middle of a raising war like this, it really is hard to remind yourself someone can really re-raise like this with such a poor holding. After being pushed the stack of chips I tipped the dealer and the other player looked more embarassed than anything else. When my wife and friend came back later they happily said "Wow you're the chip leader!" and told them they'd better keep it down or someone was going to get upset.

As stated earlier if I hadn't seen the pocket A's limped about 30min ago I may have been more likely to go the final 2.5 bets with villain. Oh well. He still paid for my sushi lunch yesterday. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]