View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: This final table commentary with Greenstein and Raymer..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i, personally, don't have a problem with Barry being arrogant [i didn't listen to the final table commentary so don't know if he was or not], it's no different from the arrogance that players like David Sklansky and Daniel Negreanu display at times. they are all world-class players who have won at every level they've played. frankly, i have more of a problem with players who have alot farther to go in their experience and play who display alot more arrogance than what you all seem to feel Barry exhibited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ego is a big part of poker - to the point where humble players like Greg are generally applauded just for not being entirely full of themselves.

The issue was that Greg is a great tournament player, and Barry was on a crusade to remind people that he rocks the Big Game daily. As was said, Barry would say things like "That won't work in the big games" either to make Raymer look inferior to him or to make himself look superior to everyone. Yeah, OK Barry, now let's talk about the tournament that you're supposed to be discussing.

I was getting frustrated just listening, I'm not sure how Raymer handled it so well. If I were him I would've opened everything I said with "As a World Series Main Event champion..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with your statement that "ego is a big part of poker". I think the "winning attitude" has a lot to do with the success these guys have. They think they are the best and then set out to play like the best.