View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: King Yao \"Weighing the Odds\"

i know we already discussed this, but i really don't know how many "new" subjects there are. i mean, both books evaluate the flop, if that's what you mean.

... seems like it's a somewhat different tact than HEFAP. almost a book between level of SSME and HEFAP....

HEFAP's stuff is extraordinarily situational whereas SSME is not very situational at all (other than position, but i meant "read your opponent")

anyhow, haven't seen the starting hand part of king yao but looking forward to purchasing the book in next week (amazon.ca here in canada, if the author is interested).

as an aside, i know alot of people say you have to get away from starting hand charts. but i disagree, i think you have to use the starting hand charts and really understand the theory behind them, and then maybe you can get away from them a little bit over time.

but i really need to understand why we play AJo the way we do. i think most people (myself included) think it's an absolutely fantastic pre-flop holding but i see alot of experts don't like it.