View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: What is the key to becoming a real top player?

Thanks everyone for your tips and advice.

I have been reading some more of my poker book today and 2 simple things came to mind that I realise are real problems with my game - I am so obvious and easy to read. I even think this during games - that people know how I play as I am weak and predictable. My book suggests mixing your game up so people cannot take advantage by playing aggressive and scaring me out of hands, etc. I also don't look closely enough at other people's play of hands - i.e. reading for obvious false play in terms of bluffs - i.e. watching what someone does before the flop and then how they react later in that hand - i.e. most people raise before the flop with a very strong hand - and if they don't then its likely that if a strong flop comes out that they have not got one of the best hands and therefore you can exploit this. Also watching for any players with aggressively high bets late on in a hand that were not as aggressive earlier in hand - is a sign that they don't infact have the best hand, they are trying to force and bully people out of the hand. Just simple things that I never seem to employ in my game.

Is this a good area to work on?