Thread: AK overplayed??
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: AK overplayed??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he has a set. he bet 25 to protect his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What led you to this conclusion?

I feel like this line only screams set when someone posts a heads-up hand called "AK overplayed?" Go back and read the hand, and think about how you would feel if you were playing it; either his hand range is much wider than {set}, or this player is an extreme nut-peddler to whom you should fold every 10 orbits when he bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If I'm playing this hand, I have no real reason to believe Villain has a set. Having said that, I see no reason to push all-in here either. Only a complete donk will call you here with K-Q. Since you just called the flop, I just call the turn. TPTK is not the kind of hand I want to throw a lot of money into. If he's got K-Q or K-J, let him bet away. But raising the turn is just bloating the pot to such an extent that you might not be able to get away from it. that's why I would have raised the flop (it would have cost less). Then I'd check behind the turn and call a reasonable river bet (and value bet 1/2 the pot if he checked the river). I don't like to play for all my money with just TPTK, so yes I think you overplayed your hand.

Edit: I just realized you're OOP which makes me hate the flop check even more. Either way, I see no reason to raise the turn.